Actually recent studies have shown that only 30% of population around the world knows about smartcontract. So the 70% don't like smartcontract.
Even Forsage a pioneer of smart contract is having issues dealling with bugs on the TRX network, it's hard to make a transaction because of bugs in that blockchain
as well the transaction fees have also gone up. Forsage Ethereum crashed because of hacks and huge ethereum fees.
Here are a few list of some of the disadvantages of smart contracts programs.
- The authors of "Finding The Greedy, Prodigal, and Suicidal Contracts at Scale" analyzed 970,898 smart contracts and discovered that 34,200
"of them are easy targets for hacking. That means about 1 in 20 smart contracts are at risk of getting hacked.
- With a smart contract, once their is a bug in the system, you cannot correct it.
A smart contract system cannot be upgraded. And life is all about change.
- You also require a dapp browser or physical PC to be able to access your wallet, making it Very unfriendly for newbees and none technical people
to access a smart contract.
- With Smart contracts, members are limited to very few crypto currencies.
- With Smart contracts , the transaction fees can be very expensive . Sometimes, as high as $25 transaction fees for a small $10 transaction.